Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Brent's - Fondren

Brent's Drug Store

Brent's Drug Store has been a Jackson staple lunch spot for years. It has an old timer diner feel and serves delicious burgers and shakes. This is one of my favorite lunch spots in Jackson. It used to be a pharmacy but has been renovated to provide more seating and a bigger kitchen so now it is strictly a restaurant/gift shop.

Facebook - Brent's Facebook page


It's hard not to grab some of this stuff when you leave....

Simple menu with lots of great options. Five things you need to focus on....

1. Cheeseburger 2. Tuna Melt 3. Philly Cheesesteak 4. Cheese Soup 5. Milkshakes

I honestly can't think of a better place to cure a hangover. Maybe that is why it was so packed out on Saturday....



Swenson's Cheese Soup. The best cheese soup I have ever had. Swenson's closed down a few years ago. Why? I have no clue. I catch myself asking that once a month. Anyway, Brent's take on the cheese soup is spot on. It was just as good as I remember it being.

Egg and Olive Sandwich. One of my friends who always gets the worst looking thing on the menu decided to order the Egg and Olive sandwich. I'm sure it was great, but really? An Egg and Olive sandwich?



Double Cheeseburger w/ Fries. Now we are talking. The burgers here are fantastic! I suggest just going for a single burger, that way you have room for a milkshake instead of an extra patty that wastes space.

Philly Cheese Steak w/ Fries. One of my favorite Philly's in town.



Wild Card. Half Cheeseburger Half Philly. Can't beat this for lunch.

There was no room for a Cookies and Cream milkshake which was sad. Definitely plan on getting one next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment