Sunday, July 8, 2012

The 4th of July

The 4th of July - Fairhope, AL

 

Erin and I went down to Fairhope, AL to visit one of her friends from college and celebrate Independence Day. Fairhope is a really cool small town and home to The Grand Hotel. I really enjoyed the food, fireworks, and dunkaroos. Hopefully, we make it back there soon.
 
BBQ at Fish River
 
Pulled pork

Cole slaw

This Jambalaya was pretty phenomenal. It had just the right amount of heat and was full of meat.

I guess this is called tomato salad but whatever it is called doesn't matter because it is pretty awesome. I really like tomatoes so when I saw this it was delightful.
 
Cucumber salad

Homemade BBQ sauce

I really can't think of a better meal after being on the water all day drinking.

Pretty American. I had some Budweisers too, but I didn't get a picture of that incredible American Flag can. Dumb on my part, I know.
 
Erin is pretty obsessed with Yuengling so she drank those all day. I had a few also because they really are awesome, and we can't get them in Mississippi.
 
Needless to say, everyone dominated their meal.

Fish River Firework Show

Late night boiled crab, shrimp, corn, potatoes, and sausage. Someone brought this cooler full of hot seafood over after the fireworks were done. Thank you to whoever did that because it hit the spot.

Sandra's Deli - Fairhope, AL

 

We came here for lunch the next day and grabbed some sandwiches. We were going to go to Panini Pete's but it was too packed. Apparently, it was on Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives so I hope to check it out next time.

I had the New Yorker with chips. Good thing I like mustard okay because whoever made this sandwich got really aggressive with the mustard.

Erin clearly won at ordering because her BLT looked amazing.

Overall this place was okay. Good sandwiches, small menu, and it looked like they have good cakes.

Fly Creek - Fairhope, AL

 

We came to eat here the last night after going on a little boat ride on the bay. I will say that going to a restaurant via boat is much cooler than driving a car.

Fried Crab Claws

Sautéed Crab Claws

Corona Margarita
 
Miami Vice = Strawberry Daquiri + Piña Colada. These things are incredible!

Erin's friend got the Mahi Mahi tacos and sweet potato fries.

Her boyfriend went with a Bacon Cheeseburger. I guess when you live on the coast you get kinda sick of seafood sometimes. It looked pretty good so I am sure he was satisfied.

Erin got the Ceaser Salad with Seared Tuna.

I had to go with the Shrimp Po Boy since I was down on the coast. I wish that I had access to a fresh Shrimp Po Boy all the time. You really can't beat these things when they have fresh shrimp. I thoroughly enjoyed myself and I think the Miami Vices helped too.

 

1 comment:

  1. I'm forwarding this blog to your GP. Your heart disease got heart disease.

    ReplyDelete