Monday, June 18, 2012

Chicken Enchiladas

Chicken Enchiladas



My roommate and I decided to go with chicken enchiladas tonight. My friend and I came up with this masterpiece in Memphis a couple of years ago. We combined a few recipes and came up with this one. I highly recommend trying this out sometime.

Ingredients + chicken

Boil chicken

Let it cool down before you shred it.

Shred/chop

Chopped Bell Pepper

Sauté onion, bell pepper, and green chilies. Also, minced garlic never hurts.

Add chicken after you sauté the veggies.

Add fajita seasoning and then add cheese. I used some shredded and a couple of american singles.

Gooey awesomeness

Coat the Pyrex dish with half of the enchilada sauce.

Put the gooey awesomeness in tortillas.

Roll them up and line up in the dish.

Cover them with the rest of the enchilada sauce and shredded cheese.


After baking in the oven for 20 minutes at 350 degrees

Sour cream and fresh guacamole go great with the enchiladas. The guacamole recipe is on a previous post. http://themississippihamburglar.blogspot.com/2012/06/sunday-fiesta.html

1 comment: