Thursday, June 7, 2012

The Pizza Shack

The Pizza Shack - Old Canton


I went to eat with one of my friends from college tonight. We decided to go to the Pizza Shack. I couldn't be more pleased with this decision. This place is a great place for some pizza and beer. They have two flat screens so you can watch a game here if you would like. No patio like the old one on State Street had so that kinda sucks, but you can get over that really quick once you take a bite of your pizza.
http://www.thepizzashackjackson.com/





Old Canton location is right across the street from Colonial C.C. This place used to be the home to very successful restaurants like BBQ Fever and Mexican Buffet. I think this one will actually be here for a while.


They have a decent amount of beer on tap.


I know what you are thinking, "Oh my gosh, Is that Abita Strawberry on the bottom of the fridge?" - Yes, it is. Nobody go break in to the Pizza Shack and steal their 3 six packs of Abita Strawberry. It is not worth it.



















My friend went with the Buffalo Ranch Chicken. This pizza is on point. Definitely should be a go to if you are on a rotation.



















I went with the BBQ Pulled Pork pizza. I also asked them to put regular marinara sauce on the pizza instead of BBQ sauce on the bottom. That is how BBQ pizzas are done in Memphis and they are incredible, so I decided to go with that here. I don't think I will ever come here again and not get this pizza.



















"Wait, did y'all split those two pizzas" - Yes, we did. I kept thinking the whole time someone was going to pat one of us on the back and say, "Well done guys, well done." I will be back here again in the near future.

<a href="http://www.urbanspoon.com/r/176/993636/restaurant/Pizza-Shack-Jackson%22%3E%3Cimg alt="Pizza Shack on Urbanspoon" src="http://www.urbanspoon.com/b/link/993636/minilink.gif" style="border:none;padding:0px;width:130px;height:36px" /></a>

1 comment: