Thursday, June 21, 2012

Cookout

Cookout - Grilled Pork Tenderloin

 

I went over to my friend's house last night for a little cookout. I had to work late again so everything was conveniently ready. I started the night with an Arnold Palmer and then switched to some beer. By the end of the night my roommate decided it would be smart to put a shock collar around his neck and let people shock him. Dumb. The food was great and I hope to do this again in the near future.

Big Green Egg. I cannot wait to eventually own one of these. These things can hold a constant temperature for hours. The only problem is that they aren't cheap.

Pork tenderloin stuffed with cream cheese and jalapeño wrapped in bacon, Pork tenderloin stuffed with pineapple and cream cheese wrapped in bacon, Peppercorn pork tenderloin.

"I wonder if this is going to be any good?" Yes, it is.

After about 30 minutes on the grill.

Twice baked potato casserole was amazing. My friend decided to share her recipe with the blog.

Recipe

2 lbs diced hash browns (defrosted)

8 oz sour cream

2 cups shredded sharp cheddar

1 can cream of chicken soup

1\2 cup of butter

Diced onions

Cook 40-60 minutes at 350 degrees

 

Sautéed yellow squash

Lots of delicious meats

I decided to try all three of the tenderloins and my favorite was probably the jalapeño one. They were all really good, but the two wrapped in bacon were the best. I wonder why?

2 comments:

  1. who is sporting that frat faded titleist visor these days? cupcake?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would have to guess that is Watson's hunting visor.

    ReplyDelete