Sunday, June 24, 2012

A Sunday lunch in the Delta

Catfish Parmesean



The Baird's invited me over to come eat lunch with them today so I accepted the invitation. I set a new personal food record today that will probably hold strong for a while. My longest meal to date was set today at about 3 hours. What I thought was going to be a quick meal and get on the road turned into a 5 hour adventure at the Baird household, which included some post meal scategories.

Miss Dilly Pickles was very camera shy.

Family style make your own plate

Catfish Parmesean - Recipe

Take catfish filets and dip them in milk or butter. Then, combine some Italian bread crumbs, parmesean cheese, and paprika. Coat the filets with this mixture and put them in the oven for 25-30 minutes at 375 degrees. Pretty simple and very good.

Fresh tomatoes from Mrs. Baird's garden

Green Beans

Mashed Potatoes

Unfortunately, my hangover from last nights festivities came in real hot at this point in my meal. Don't worry I still dominated this plate and got seconds. I was very satisfied with the meal and as I am contemplating my hangover situation Mrs. Baird says "Y'all ready for dessert?"

Strawberry Pie

If you don't like strawberries then something is wrong with you. This cured the hangover immediately.

This was the most refreshing dessert I have had so far in 25 years. The homemade whipped cream made the dessert.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment