Saturday, June 30, 2012

Seared Tuna

Cookout - Seared Tuna



I went over to my neighbors house again for another cookout this week. I hope this happens every week because it is always really good. My neighbor defrosted some tuna he had caught in the gulf last season and it was delicious. This cookout was a little more reserved than the last one.

Automatic pepper grinder with flashlight. This thing really caught my eye, although it is a little over the top.

I wonder if that is going to be any good?

The Big Green Egg

Abita Strawberry. I feel like this beer is becoming more and more overrated every time I drink it. It has to be in first place for the beer with the most demand. This stuff is like crack to the middle class.

If Fresh Market sent out a tweet saying free filets today or just got a shipment of Abita Strawberry then the same amount of people would walk through the door. The higher ups at Abita Brewing Company must be loving this situation.

Some Captain Rodney's dip that consisted of cheese, mayo, and ritz crackers

p
500 degrees son. He seared the tuna for about 45 seconds on each side.

The recipe and sauce

It was very hard not to walk by this tray and grab a slice of tuna.

Spinach, Green Beans, and Rice

The Sauce

Yup, not bad right? This was an incredible meal. The ginger on top of the tuna was possibly one of the most different and delicious things I have eaten recently. I typically don't like ginger very much but after sitting in that sauce overnight it was superb. I suggest folks try this recipe in the near future.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment